Saturday 21 December 2013

Does Anything Change When you Turn 30?

The simple answer is no, it doesn't. At least not up to now. I turned 30 last week and it got me thinking about all sorts. So I'll attempt to write it down.
Ok, so hangovers have gradually been getting worse, after a friends BBQ a couple of months ago when I decided it was appropriate to get completely obliterated on vodka, I ended up with a 5 day hangover. Let me just repeat that, A FIVE DAY HANGOVER... I sat at my desk in work thinking I was was actually going to die. I had visions of my past before my eyes like they say in films. Ok, no, I didn't, I just made that bit up. But my point here, is that it was bad, really bad!
Other than that, I am still the same person. I still don't know when to stop drinking, my memory is still as terrible as it was in my twenties and I still can't handle my money very wisely, I only bought my flight tickets home last week, 11 days before I fly, despite knowing I go home every Christmas. And I still haven't bought any presents (mostly due to the fact I spent all my wage on flights and train tickets, sigh). Let's hope my family are just happy to see me!!! (Sorry mum, love you!).
I still feel like I'm 18 in my head, does that feeling ever go away? Loads of my friends are getting married and having children, and I'm just like "Hey, let's get drunk"! Actually, that's not a bad idea, I have a nice bottle of pink bubbly in the fridge calling my name...
I'm still as lazy as I was as a teenager, staying in bed till noon on weekends, longer if I'm hungover and I often wonder how I manage to get through each day as I'm so clearly unable to look after myself! I still find myself apologising on a daily basis for things I've forgotton etc. In fact, as I'm writing this, I should be meeting my friend. Crap, I best make this quick hadn't I?!
Anyway's, the whole point to this is you don't change because of a milestone birthday. Maybe gradually over a number of years, but essentially, you're still you, so enjoy it, you won't get another chance to be you.


Na zdravi (cheers)!

No comments:

Post a Comment